To meet your needs, this course is available in both face-to-face and distance learning formats.
TSAP - Derrickman
TECHNICAL SKILLS ACCELERATION PROGRAMME (TSAP)
This course is aimed at anyone working as a derrickman on a deep drilling site (oil, gas, geothermal) or who has worked as a floorman with recognised experience, with a view to career development.
- Have completed the "Floorman" training cours
- Initial experience as a floorman or derrickman
- Perform the calculations required for the derrickman function
- Be aware of well safety issues.
- Carry out drilling operations related to the derrickman functions.
- Led by an experienced trainer
- Application exercises
- Focused discussions and experience sharing
- Demonstrations on our fleet of equipment or on our training site
- Job description, duties and responsibilities.
REMINDERS ABOUT THE PUMPING FUNCTION
- Drilling pumps and auxiliary equipment
- HP and LP circuits
- Organisation and management of containers
PRESSURES IN THE WELL
- Basic rheology
- Basics of hydrostatics and drilling hydraulics
- Creating, varying and controlling drilling pressures
- The role of mud
- Types of mud and composition
- Manufacture and treatments
- Characteristics and on-site measures for mud
CALCULATIONS TO MASTER
- Tensile calculations
- Floatability factor
- Neutral point calculations
ASSESSMENT OF SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Level pre-test at the start of the course
- Supervised evaluation questionnaire
- Group correction and debriefing
Download the programme sheets here: